Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where did the summer go??? And where did my baby go???

Wow. Two more weeks and school will be back in session. I don't know what happened to the summer! I had all these fantastic ideas and projects I wanted to do and pitifully we have just completed one. We got the exterior of our house painted. Well, I should say one and a half. We are redecorating my daughter's room and that project is at least in progress. I was going to do so much more though. And now, all at once I am back to school shopping for clothes and supplies (oy-vey- is that a post within itself!) and I'm left wondering where June and July went!

Maybe I'm in disbelief because then I have to come to terms with having a fourth grader. I am still in denial over that one. LOL! Fourth grade is the first year I remember vividly. I remember my friends, my teacher, my school, the clothes I wore, the music I listened to. I remember the car my mom drove, the car my dad drove. I remember parts of conversations I had with people. I even remember my ballet recital choreography! So to think of my son being at the age where events, conversations, surroundings, and people will make such a lasting impression is a bit strange. Partially because I don't want to screw up, but also because he is passing that naive, innocent stage of his childhood and entering into the real world. It's been slowly happening already, but I know there is really no looking back now. It's always a journey, this parenting thing. You learn as you learn as you go. And hope you don't mess up royally.

Fourth grade...man. Where did my little three pound preemie go?

No comments: