Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I had one of the best Mother's Day...each year seems to get more and more special. This year was really fantastic. I was awakened by two shining faces Sunday morning with a tray of pancakes and a tall glass of oj. What a way to start the day! We spent the day with my mom (who is truly the most incredible mom on the planet- if I can be half the mom she is, I know I'll be a success), my awesome mother-in-law (who is another amazing mother- she created and raised the most loving, kind, and truly spectacular man on the earth) and I got to spend the day with my sis, who is celebrating her first mother's day! How special is that! Already she is proving to be another awesome mom and one that I admire and love. We shared a meal, played with the kids, snuggled with the baby. My oldest wrote me a beautiful poem that I already have framed. My daughter made me two pieces of lovely pottery. And then she, my sister, and my mom had a ball in the kitchen making me a batch of homemade cookies! It was a sweet treat to end a sweet day. I am so incredibly blessed. I have an amazing husband, amazing kids, and amazing role models. Thank you to all the moms out there. I am inspired by many. It's not always the easiest job, but there is absolutely nothing more rewarding in life.

No comments: