Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sick, but blessed

So this week has been, um, well...sickly. I started feeling like death Sunday. But because I have an aversion to dr.'s (no offense Chessa), I continued to suffer through high fevers, chills, sweats, a throat that shot flames every time I swallowed, aches, and weakness until Tuesday when my hubby took me to the dr.. I opened my mouth and said "ahhh" and all the dr could say was "wow." Strep throat, and a pretty severe case. That's why you go to the dr sooner when you are feeling THAT bad I guess. So I get some antibiotics and am on my way to recovery when, of course, my daughter gets a sore throat. Being the quick learner that I am, I have that child in the dr. withing an hour of her first complaint. She has strep too. So far my son and hubby seem to be fine, but I'm not holding my breath that this is all over and done just yet.
So that's the sick part, now for the blessed part. I have an incredible husband. And sometimes I take him for granted. I was so sick I slept all day Monday and Tuesday. He got up, set up a little home office in our dining room, got the kids up for school, got them dressed, made their lunches, made sure they were packed up, got them to school on time, tended to me with advil and water, emailed people for me b/c even with a 103 temp I still stress about what I should be doing, took his own conference calls and tried to stay on top of his own work, picked up the kids, got them to their games, practices, etc. Got me soup. Did laundry so everyone had clean and germ free clothes and sheets. Made sure the kids took showers and ate dinner. Got them to bed. And finished up his loose ends with work. And all the while he kept the kitchen clean as a whistle. Then he did it again on Tuesday. I was in awe. Honestly. He is absolutely amazing and managed to rack up about a kazillion husband points over the last couple days. It was a great reminder for me to just how lucky I am. I know this on a daily basis, but sometimes you need that extra reminder, you need to feel the awe. And I did. I am blessed.

No comments: