Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just how wide is that "fine line"????

I'm just curious because I know I am walking it. I am so very close to overextending myself and I'm sitting back waiting for something to blow up or drive me to the brink of insanity (a place most would say I already live very near-- haha!). I am the type that likes to be busy and have my hand in a lot of different things. I always have. Just ask my mom. But when does it become too much? I really enjoy everything I do. But I sometimes wonder if I take on too much and if I try to fill my days with "stuff" just so I don't have to think about other things. Anyone who knows me knows the demons I battle with anxiety. Filling my days helps keep those demons at bay. But is it healthy? A very good and honest friend(which is what makes her such a good friend- among many other reasons!)posed the question "can anyone who does so much do it all well?" That really made me think. I'm wondering if it's time to re-evalute. I'm wondering if I can handle my load and do a good job with each commitment. I'm wondering if I need to scale back. I'm wondering if I could handle more. I'm wondering what happens when you test that fine line.

No comments: