Friday, August 15, 2008

Ready for the new year!

Open House was today and the kids got to meet their teachers and see their classrooms. My oldest, who is going into 4th grade, had major butterflies in his stomach. He had heard so many stories from other kids about how hard 4th grade is and how mean the teachers are. No recess, no warm fuzzies, only homeowrk and writing exercises day in and day out. He found his name on his class roster and was so relieved that his teacher was "one of the nicer ones". :-) But the excitement flooded his body when he saw the name of his best friend from last year, and then upon further investigation, the names of 10 of his 3rd grade classmates were on the same class roster! Can you say JACKPOT!!! I was excited too because his 3rd grade class was a great bunch of kids. And if that wasn't enough, his classroom is not just in the schools brand spankin' new building, but it is on the SECOND FLOOR! As we were walking up the stairs to see his new room he said "wow, this is so cool. I feel like I'm in college!"

My youngest had just as an exciting day. She found her name on her "dream teacher's" class roster. They hit it off right away and my daughter was almost speechless (a very rare occurance)when she realized she had her very own desk and her own reading textbook and math workbook. I thought she was going to shake right out of her skin with joy. I couldn't be more pleased with her teacher. I know her reputation in the school and it is excellent. So I think we are going to have another very good year. :-)

No comments: